Some days you just have to praise God…
I was in a praise service Sunday evening with my whole family. Jon and I sang. Lauren played the piano and Alan gave his testimony. I’m sure Rachel will take her part soon enough. What a blessing to sit in church as a family! We received word today in the morning service about a family torn apart by suicide, about a family touched by the uncertainty of job loss, about another family devastated by catastrophic illness.
God doesn’t owe me anything, but yet He pours out blessings upon blessings. Friends, family, life and health… I don’t know why except that that’s just the way He is. Here’s an exercise I’ve done with the kids on occasion- Thank God right now for ten things you’ve never thanked Him for.
In no particular order:
1. Corrective lenses so I can see without getting a headache
2. Chocolate milk (the store-bought kind AND Nestle’s Quik)
3. Toothbrush (Could you imagine NOT having a toothbrush?)
4. Being able to read
5. Hearing my children laugh
6. An alarm clock, really. It means I’ve got something to do.
7. Medication (otherwise that tachycardia might just take off on me)
8. Getting to choose at the grocery store (Not only is there food there to buy, that’s safe, but I can get just about anything I can imagine.)
9. Leisure time (Jon and I – and the kids too – don’t have to work every waking moment just to eat.)
10. An office full of books