Since I wrote my last "live" post, we've travelled 3600 miles! We visited 4 national parks and a national monument. We braved snow and 29 degree temps (going over the Continental Divide) then 99 degree temps on the Kansas plains. My niece's outdoor wedding got rained on. The sun blazed down during the hikes. There were winds, furious at times, blasting sand and rough terrain. You'll probably hear more about the trip in coming posts, but today I just want to give thanks to God.
- Thank You for extended family and new family and getting to share in special occasions
- Thank You for a vehicle (with heat and air-conditioning) that could handle the miles
- Thank You for having the stuff we needed to take with us- fresh clothes, a cooler full of snacks and a camera
- Thank You for Jon's job and the means to finance this adventure
- Thank You for time away from the routine
- Thank You for Chris and Mary who watched out for our house while we were gone
- Thank You for the diversions the kids enjoyed during the long hours in the car
- Thank You for the way everyone got along even when we were tired and hungry
- Thank You for hotel swimming pools
- Thank You for the never-ending wonders of Your creation
- Thank You for the health to be able to enjoy it
- Thank You for the house we came home to
Even if you didn't just get back from vacation, what are you thankful for?