"…So she went to inquire of the Lord…" Genesis 25:22
Rebekah was pregnant but this was no ordinary pregnancy. She figured since God was the one who had blessed her with the baby (babies, she would soon discover), He should be able to explain what was going on.
I admit, God is not always the first One I turn to when things don't make sense. Usually I call on my husband or my friends. They are good, Godly people who give good counsel, but they don't have the inside knowledge God does.
Some reasons I don't go to God first-
- He's invisible.
- He doesn't always answer immediately.
- I'm afraid my questions are silly.
Some reasons I should get over that-
- "I have called you by name; you are Mine." Isaiah 43:1
- "No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11
- "The secret things belong to the Lord." Deuteronomy 29:29
- "I have loved you with an everlasting love." Jeremiah 31:3
- "The prayer [even the dumb questions] of the upright is His delight." Proverbs 15:8
I'll work on this one.