Just in time for warm weather, I have the wonderful Julie Carobini here to talk about her latest seaside novel from the Otter Bay series, Fade to Blue
- Tell us a little about yourself and your background.
- How did you become interested in writing?
- What compelled you to write a book on this subject?
- What is the main theme or point that you want readers to understand from reading your book? Are there any other themes present in the book?
5. Are there some specific lessons you hope readers will learn and apply to their lives after reading your book?
I hope readers get lost in the story and the beautiful setting, that they revel in God’s creation as much as I did while writing it. I also hope they experience the Good Shepherd’s gentle leading (Psalm 23), and fall in the love with the concepts of forgiveness, sacrifice, and grace—as much as they do the breathtaking locale.
- Do you have a favorite Scripture verse?
I have more than one favorite, but this one’s been spinning in my mind again lately: Psalm 19:14 NIV, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
Julie Carobini writes seaside novels filled with faith, flip-flops, and waves of grace. Other books in her acclaimed Otter Bay series include Sweet Waters and A Shore Thing. She has also written articles for Decision and Focus on the Family magazines, and received awards from the National League of American Pen Women. Julie and her husband Dan have three children and live on California's central coast.