- It's a series of farewell addresses Moses delivers. These are the things he really wants Israel – the regular folks, not the priests or the Levites – to know and remember before he dies. You can almost hear the urgent parental pleading in his voice.
- Jesus quotes Deuteronomy – a lot! In fact, in His epic temptation standoff with Satan himself, all the Scripture Christ uses as His defense comes from Deuteronomy.
- The name means "second law", so yes there is some repetition of those legal details from Leviticus, but hang in there.
1. Keep a list of the things you learn about the character of God.
2. Notice the special relationship God has with His chosen people. Even though we aren't Israel, God has chosen us as His through the blood of Christ.
3. Pay close attention to our responsibility to Him.
Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the LORD’S commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good? 10:12-13 NAS