- God fulfills His promise to Abraham.
- Obedience is critical to success.
- Joshua is a great example of Godly leadership.
- Rahab is a tremendous picture of how God chooses us in grace, lifts us out of our situation and places us in His family, giving us a future and a hope.
- Crossing the Jordan (chapter 3)
- The fall of Jericho (chapter 6)
- The defeat at Ai (chapter 7)
- Joshua's final speech (chapters 23-24)
“Be strong and courageous, for you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do. Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:6-9, NLT)