But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- It is not in the weather because it is changeable and unpredictable.
- It is not in our circumstances because mine are often so different from yours.
- It is not in our geography because we can move or be moved.
- It is not in our finances because they can be spent unwisely or gained improperly.
- It is not in our health because it can fail and sometimes without warning.
- It is not in art or music or poetry because those reflect individual tastes.
- It is not in our ancestry because we all have rascals in our family tree.
- It is not in our intellect because wisdom and insight aren’t always what we measure.
- It is not in our gifts and talents because they aren’t always appreciated.
- It is not in politics with its cunning and compromise.
- It is not in our height, our weight or hair color because that’s far too shallow.
No, when God demonstrates His love for us …
It is eternal.
It is personal.
It is transcendent.
It is available.
It is unmistakable.
It is built on mercy and grace.
It is costly beyond our imagination.
But it is certain.
No matter what anything else whispers or shouts to us,
God has unquestionably proven, demonstrated His love for us when Christ died for us.